MONGOLIA , Oulan-Bator
Uniterra is a volunteer cooperation and international development program that strengthens organizations and networks by pooling expertise and knowledge. Jointly implemented by WUSC and CECI, the Uniterra Program contributes to improving the socio-economic conditions of local communities in 14 countries in Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and Asia. Uniterra supports the development of inclusive market systems in order to address the root causes of market failure and to facilitate systemic changes. In the period of 2015-2020, Uniterra will work in Mongolia in the Sustainable Economic Growth sector. A Volunteer Resources Management Officer is needed to help provide better volunteer support and management to assist the partner organizations to achieve their objectives.
Under the supervision of the Uniterra Country Coordinator, the Volunteer Resources Management Officer is responsible for ensuring that the Program satisfies the conditions established under volunteers’ contractual agreements and under the Program’s standards and policies manual. The Volunteer Resources Management Officer shall also ensure that volunteers respect their contractual obligations at all times during their mandates. To that end, he/she shall be responsible for managing and monitoring the program’s volunteers in the country.
• In collaboration with the Finance & Administration Officer, welcome, support, and introduce volunteers to their work locations (whether in the capital or in other regions) ;
• In collaboration with the Finance & Administration Officer, support volunteers in finding adequate housing ;
• Ensure volunteers’ well-being (i.e., appropriate living conditions, cultural integration and volunteers’ physical and mental well-being) ;
• In collaboration with the Finance & Administration Officer, ensure that administrative guidelines are applied in accordance with the standards and policies manual (visas, housing rental rules, hiring of domestic personnel, recommended neighbourhoods, utilities, costs, required reporting, insurance procedures, allowances, cash advances, etc.) ;
• In close collaboration with the Country Coordinator, ensure that the emergency and security procedures established by WUSC or CECI in relation to all volunteers are put in place, kept up to date and applied ;
• In close collaboration with the Country Coordinator, manage emergency medical evacuations ;
• In collaboration with the Country Coordinator and the Sectoral Program Officer(s), organize orientations for newly arrived volunteers ;
• In collaboration with the Sectoral Program Officer(s), participate in managing conflicts and volunteers’ grievances and issues with partner organizations ;
• In collaboration with the Sectoral Program Officer(s), ensure periodic monitoring (at key moments, including during reporting) of volunteers’ working conditions throughout their mandates ;
• In collaboration with program partners and the Sectoral Program Officer(s), participate in organizational reviews of said partners to ensure their capacity to appropriately receive volunteers ;
• As required, propose concrete actions enabling partner organizations to appropriately receive volunteers ;
• As required, organize trainings for partners and staff in accordance with needs identified during organizational reviews, such as intercultural issues ;
• Support partner organizations in relation to the management of volunteer resources ;
• Support partners and the Sectoral Program Officer(s) in the selection, recruitment and mobilization of local country and Global South volunteers ; and
• Participate in the program coordination meetings held in-country.
• University degree in human resources management or equivalent, or relevant work experience.
• Training and coaching skills.
• Conflict resolution skills and empathy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Teamwork skills.
• Experience as a volunteer an asset.
• Ability to work independently, initiative and professionalism.
• Adherence to equality between women and men approach and youth inclusion
• Tact and good judgement.
ASSIGNMENT DURATION AND EXPECTED DEPARTURE DATE
24 months, September 1, 2015
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION :
June 15, 2015
Sustainable development consulting
This position is open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. To see this position (and more !) : http://www.ceci.ca/fr/impliquez-vous/emploi/