Job Title : MS Project Consultant
Temporary contract (2 weeks)
ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by Cirque du Soleil’s Founder Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the WASH sector, One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions through innovative water access projects that promote self-reliance in communities worldwide. To learn more, visit onedrop.org.
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – THE OPPORTUNITY
One Drop seeks a bilingual (English and Spanish) expert in MS Project to support the Program Director of an innovative regional WASH Program in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Under his supervision and in collaboration with the LAC Program team, you will help to design the Program as well as the project templates using MS Project for the five (or more) projects currently being developed as part of this program. This exciting mandate is your opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement in the organization’s project management structure.
Reporting to the Program Director, Latin America and the Caribbean, the MS Project Consultant will have the following deliverables :
Description of the mandate
1. Creation of the project templates with MS Project (75% of your role)
- Evaluate, analyze and synthesize the existing project development documents in order to :
- Create a complete project template for each project (estimated at approximately 5 templates) currently being developed as part of the LAC Program that can later be modified/exported to suit the evolving needs ;
- Integrate all available project data to date (tasks, resources, milestones, contacts, etc.) into the templates.
2. Knowledge transfer and internal training (25% of your role)
- Once the project templates are built using, your role will shift to capacity-building within the One Drop Team to help ensure that the LAC Program team has the MS Project skills, knowledge and ability necessary to maintain, adapt and update the templates as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Development or any other relevant field
- PMP certification
- Any other combination of relevant studies and equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management using MS Project
- Prior consultation experience is a strong asset
- Experience in developing and managing projects for a non-profit organization (development or humanitarian programming) will be considered an important asset
- Understanding and experience working in Latin America would be considered an asset
Languages and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, expert level for MS Project
- Experience in using different software programs, including CRM databases, including Salesforce and Causeview would be considered an asset
- Must be available to work from our Montreal office for the duration of the contract.
If you share our passion and vision, have a genuine desire to contribute to this exciting new initiative, please send :
- your resume
- a short summary describing your experience using MS Project
To Jennifer Piccin, Coordinator-International Programs
(Jennifer.Piccin@onedrop.org) by May 16th, 2016. We will invite potential candidates to meet on May 19th and 20th at our offices in Montréal.
Published : May 11th, 2016