As world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions,Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) have come together at this critical time to create EQWIP, a platform to transform the economic trajectory of youth around the world. EQWIP HUBs, our first initiative, brings together a global network of collaborators including : UN-Habitat, TakingITGlobal, the Education Development Centre and the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation to reimagining how young women and men nurture the tangible skills and resources needed to become valued economic players.
EQWIP HUBs are dynamic innovation spaces spanning 17 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania. Buzzing with collaborative energy, each EQWIP HUB provides a unique platform for young minds – especially women – to build market-relevant skills, gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to prepare them for meaningful employment, or to launch a new wave of enterprise. Qualified and passionate young Canadians will work in specialized teams to support each EQWIP HUB, fueling cross-cultural innovation, gender responsive programming and peer-to-peer mentorship.
EQWIP HUBs is now inviting applications for our 3 month Global Leader positions starting in January. These are designed for professional young Canadians with three or more years of experience. If you can think analytically and act with tenacity and resilience in complex and sensitive environments, challenge yourself as an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader. As an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader you’ll collaborate in a focused role to increase the capacity for EQWIP HUBs and our partner organizations to serve women, enhance sustainable youth livelihoods, and evaluate data to amplify our impact.
We are seeking Global Leaders for our Data Analyst roles in Senegal, Peru, Ghana and Bolivia.
- 25-35 years old
- Canadian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- Minimum 3 years Experience
LIVING AND WORKING AT EQWIP HUBs
More than just a placement, EQWIP HUBs provides volunteers with… Immersive Living Experience the heart of a local community with a homestay family, where you will receive a first-hand experience in local living.
Every EQWIP HUBs volunteer receives international travel and a modest stipend to help cover daily costs including meals, transportation and communication.
Safety is our top priority, and an in-depth orientation, the support of local and Canadian staff, and an extensive medical and security insurance package ensures your health, safety and security on the program.
For detailed information about costs and support provided, please visit this link.
Global Leader - Data Analyst
Duration : 3 months
Countries : Senegal, Peru, Ghana and Bolivia
Language Requirements : English, Spanish (Bolivia and Peru), French (Senegal)
Start Date : January 2016
For volunteers who : love research, data collection and transforming data into informed action
The EQWIP HUBs Data Analyst will support the Country Manager and the Knowledge & Innovation Manager to collect, analyze and report data for the first EQWIP HUBs Country Baseline Study. The Baseline Study will establish the baseline that our impacts will be measured against as we work towards propelling 100,000 #YouthForward by 2020.
- Identify baseline data sources and conduct data collection using innovative data collection techniques
- Perform data standardization and quality control
- Collaborate closely with IT support and EQWIP HUBs partner, Taking IT Global to ensure online data collection methods are efficient and effective
- Document data collection techniques and methods
- Support in the sharing of data and knowledge across the EQWIP HUB global network and through social media
- Ensure that data collection and reporting is gender-responsive
Qualifications and Competencies :
- Understanding of participatory research methodologies is considered an asset
- Able to gather critical information Gathering : actively assesses information needed in a given situation and demonstrates awareness of different types of information
- Demonstrates Analytical Thinking : breaks complex issues down into manageable pieces
- A university graduate with a background/education in social sciences / research methods / programs evaluation or other relevant fields
- Knowledge management, evaluation or programs monitoring experience is considered an asset
- Familiarity with the latest social research methodologies and techniques
- Ability to collect and collate large amounts of information from various sources
- Ability to analyze and present findings for reporting purposes
- Ability to communicate information effectively to a variety of audiences
Please keep in mind the following dates :
Application Deadline : January 4, 2016
Interviews : January 5-11, 2016 (Skype or in-person)
Overseas Departure : January 29-30, 2016
End of Placement : April 2016 (placements are 3 months long)
To apply to be an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader, please visit :
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT.