As world-renowned catalysts of innovative youth development and global exchange solutions, Canada World Youth (CWY) and Youth Challenge International (YCI) have come together at this critical time to create EQWIP, a platform to transform the economic trajectory of youth around the world. EQWIP HUBs, our first initiative, brings together a global network of collaborators including : UN-Habitat, TakingITGlobal, the Education Development Centre and the Alberta Council for Global Cooperation to reimagining how young women and men nurture the tangible skills and resources needed to become valued economic players.
EQWIP HUBs are dynamic innovation spaces spanning 17 urban centers across Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, and Tanzania. Buzzing with collaborative energy, each EQWIP HUB provides a unique platform for young minds – especially women – to build market-relevant skills, gain access to the mentorship, networks, technology and capital to prepare them for meaningful employment, or to launch a new wave of enterprise. Qualified and passionate young Canadians will work in specialized teams to support each EQWIP HUB, fueling cross-cultural innovation, gender responsive programming and peer-to-peer mentorship.
EQWIP HUBs is now inviting applications for our 3 month Global Leader positions starting in January. These are designed for professional young Canadians with three or more years of experience. If you can think analytically and act with tenacity and resilience in complex and sensitive environments, challenge yourself as an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader. As an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader you’ll collaborate in a focused role to increase the capacity for EQWIP HUBs and our partner organizations to serve women, enhance sustainable youth livelihoods, and evaluate data to amplify our impact.
We are seeking Global Leaders for our Sustainable Partnership Advisor roles in Senegal and Peru.
- 25-35 years old
- Canadian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- Minimum 3 years Experience
LIVING AND WORKING AT EQWIP HUBs
More than just a placement, EQWIP HUBs provides volunteers with…
Experience the heart of a local community with a homestay family, where you will receive a first-hand experience in local living.
Every EQWIP HUBs volunteer receives international travel and a modest stipend to help cover daily costs including meals, transportation and communication.
Safety is our top priority, and an in-depth orientation, the support of local and Canadian staff, and an extensive medical and security insurance package ensures your health, safety and security on the program.
For detailed information about costs and support provided, please visit this link.
Global Leader - Sustainable Partnerships Advisor
Duration : 3 months
Countries : Peru, Senegal
Language Requirements : English, French (Senegal), Spanish (Peru)
Start Date : January 2016
For volunteers who : have a passion for youth focused programs, partnership development and organizational development
The EQWIP HUBs Sustainable Partnerships Advisor will collaborate directly with EQWIP HUBs staff and local partner organizations to complete a capacity assessment and design a customized strategy to strengthen the organization’s capacity to deliver youth livelihoods programming.
Key Activities :
- Design a plan and process for conducting a capacity assessment for the partner organization from a youth livelihood perspective
- Facilitate assessment workshops with partner staff using sustainability planning tools
- Conduct analysis and prepare report of results of capacity assessment
- Develop a strategy to strengthen the organization’s capacity to deliver youth livelihoods programming, addressing the needs identified in the capacity assessment
- Identify resources and opportunities to support capacity development of the partner
- Ensure that the process and planning for the capacity assessment and sustainability planning is gender responsive
- Demonstrates Conceptual Thinking : able to identify the key factors or issues in a complex problem and develop or use a framework to relate issues to the larger picture
- Experience with gathering critical information Gathering : able to actively assess information needed in a given situation and demonstrates awareness of different types of information
- University Graduate with experience in organizational / business development or other relevant fields
- Able to develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with others
- Organization and planning skills
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders is considered an asset
- Experience writing reports
- Familiarity with participatory approaches and community development is considered an asset
Please keep in mind the following dates :
Application Deadline : January 4, 2016
Interviews : January 5-11, 2016 (Skype or in-person)
Overseas Departure : January 29-30, 2016
End of Placement : April 2016 (placements are 3 months long)
To apply to be an EQWIP HUBs Global Leader, please visit :
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, January 4, 2016 at 11:59 PM PT.