Do you want to make a difference ? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS), a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world. CRCS is currently seeking an experienced Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Delegate for its Partnership for Strengthening Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PSMNCH) Program which will be implemented in Mali from 2016 to 2020.
The role of the Health Delegate is to provide technical assistance and support for the implementation of the PSMNCH Program in Mali. The Health Delegate will be responsible for quality assurance and technical oversight of the implementation of the PSMNCH Program.
- Provides technical support to the Malian PSMNCH National Manager
- Provides technical support and advice during the planning and implementation of the PSMNCH.
- Ensures PSMNCH is implemented according to the planning set in the logical model of the project, and is consistent with CRC’s health policy, lessons learned and internationally accepted standards of practice.
- Support and advise on the effective reporting system used by the CRM Community Based Health and First Aid (CBHFA) team.
- Liaise with other project partners and consultants on activities related to data collection and analysis.
Planning, Monitoring, Reporting, Evaluation and Learning
The PMER Advisor will work closely and cross-functionally with the Head of Delegation/PSMNCH Project Manager and the technical advisors based in Canada. She/he will take a lead in effective monitoring, evaluation and potential research activities related to PSMNCH with the aim of improving quality and service provision and providing the evidence behind the achieved results. Areas of responsibility include :
- Support the second phase of the project planning through the development of the Project Implementation Plan (PIP), validating the logic model and suggesting necessary adjustments.
Contribute to the development and design of the monitoring systems that will measure the indicators identified in the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF). Specifically :
- Guide the design and implementation of the data collection system to measure the indicators.
- Guide the design and maintenance of an electronic data management system.
- Contribute to the data analysis.
- Inform the project managers on the progress based on the findings of data analysis and recommend necessary adjustments to the implementation plan.
- Contribute to drafting progress reports on the achievement of results using the findings from the data analysis.
- Prepare for the Country Representative progress reports based on Malian Red Cross report.
- Ensure that progress reports adhere to the guidelines of DFATD on results-based reporting.
Evaluation and Learning
- Support the design and implementation of baseline and end-line surveys.
- Support the design and implementation of the mid-term review and summative evaluation.
- Support the integration of existing lessons learned from project evaluations and reviews to further improve the implementation of projects.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of studies and research.
Capacity Building and Training
- Contribute to increasing the technical capacity of Malian Red Cross PSMNCH staff in the area of planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Support Malian Red Cross staff and PSMNCH coordination in the use of data collection methods for qualitative, quantitative and participatory research.
- Organize and conduct training on PMER for project and Malian Red Cross staff.
Education and Experience
- A university degree in public health or epidemiology, social science with specialization in survey and statistics, biostatistics or a field related to international development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an international humanitarian organization, preferably in both development and humanitarian settings.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of public health programs.
- Demonstrated capacity and skills in the collection, management, and analysis for both quantitative and qualitative data, with a background in surveys and statistics, preferably in biomedical or epidemiology.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, training development and facilitation in areas of monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a dynamic team setting and in cross-cultural contexts.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated reporting skills with strong familiarity with DFATD’s Results Based Management tools, requirements and approaches.
- Advance knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Strong familiarity with participatory research and learning methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ; knowledge or familiarity in Access, EPI Info, Project, SPSS or similar software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an isolated environment - must be willing and able to work and live in isolated, difficult working conditions.
- Strong track record in fostering effective working relationships with health stakeholders at various levels.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is mandatory. Candidates will be tested on their skills.
- Team player with good interpersonal, communication, documentation, presentation and facilitation skills.
This is an unaccompanied position based in Bamako, Mali. Mali suffers from lack of basic infrastructure and social services and more than half of the population lives in poverty. Legal frameworks and institutions to enforce the rule of law are largely undeveloped. Political conflicts, terrorism, kidnapping in different parts of the country especially in the North are a threat to foreigners and some travel restrictions apply. Delegates are obligated to follow the Red Cross Movement security regulations.
CRCS supports a safe working environment and comfortable accommodation ; however, as in all contexts, delegates must be aware and responsible for their personal safety and that of employees under their supervision.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested parties may submit their application by applying on theCanadian Red Cross Online Career Website by midnight EST on January 21st 2016.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license, valid passport and First Aid certification. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.